We set goals for various reasons, it can be for our personal achievement or it can be something external reason. We try hard to achieve it. A person develops a sense of personal growth and begins to understand the true value of life. Achieving goals can increase our emotional well-being and give us a sense of independence and competence.
A young and passionate person has lots of goals to achieve; he/she cannot even decide where to start. You start getting confused between your goals, and it is harmful because it is a distraction. It is very important that you should know what your priority is.
If you have started doing one thing, then just complete it, it happens when the results are not as quick as you thought but you will definitely achieve it. it happens with lots of people that after investing lots of time the results time is delayed and they start thinking that they are doing something wrong. And we start setting new goals which move your attention from your main goal.
How to commit to one goal and avoid distractions?
- Prioritize – Identify which goal is most important to you. The best way to analyze it is by making a list of your goals. Place the most important task on the top and the least important at the last.
- Do it or leave it – If you made many attempts to achieve a goal or to do a certain thing and you are failing every time then maybe its time to leave that goal and move towards another. Don’t waste your whole time on just one thing; there are many other things that make give you happiness.
- Just get started – Don’t just think that from where to start and what to start just start doing. The perfect time will never come; you have to create your own perfect time. Sometimes we think that the accomplishment of goal will take you lots of time and we start to procrastinate it. Just start doing, you won’t even realize and you will achieve what you have dreamed of.
- Make a plan and stick to it – Daily, make plans for the day and plans to achieve your goals. The plan helps you to regulate your quality and quantity of work you are doing. And it also gives you the approximate time to achieve your goal.
- Don’t forget your motives – Don’t distract yourself by small things that are not at all related to your work. Because if you are distracted and it will be difficult for you to get back to the main task again. First, finish what is really important and then think about other work. Always remember the motives that push you to achieve the goal.