Communication is today’s most important business skill. It is your key to success in almost every part of the life- in relationships, at work, with friends and across all your lifetime. Your ability to communicate with people comes from the experience which you had experienced in past.
Past has been always a great teacher. A successful business is not possible without good communication between leaders and team members. Here are some which make the communication a skill which is worth learning for running a successful business.
1. Communication helps in building and maintaining relationships – relationships can be built and maintained by a good positive encounter with others. The main way through which we meet and encounter new people is communications. Talking, messaging, e-mail is just new technological forms of communication. Communication is the key to maintaining a relationship with anyone. With an effective communicating skill, it will be very difficult to properly construct and foster productive relationships.
2. Good communicating skill facilitates innovation – If your employees or partners feel comfortable in openly communicating; there are higher chances of getting new ideas, cooperation and innovation. Most of the new ideas come from being comfortable in sharing ideas. Bad communication makes the staff unable to convey their ideas or even if it will happen the idea may not be implemented on its full potential.
3. It makes the teamwork effective – If you can communicate very well in the workplace with colleagues or group mates, it will emerge a more cohesive and effective team. It can boost employee’s motivation. Employees will feel more secure in their role when they think that they are well informed of the company’s direction and vision. Good internal communication also leads to an improved work ethic if the employees know their achievements and feel that they are working for a common goal.
4. It helps in managing employees – if the owner or manager of a company is a good communicator and they are more able to convey their message to their employees. They can also inform staff adequately about their responsibilities and the company wants from them. It also helps them provide constructive feedback for their employees and understand their personal goals that staff may wish to work forwards.
5. The contribution of good communicating skill can’t be underestimated in the growth of a company – A bad communication or lack of communication can lead to the collapse of any company or organization. Most organizations are struggling to survive due to lack of good communicators. Proper marketing collateral and communication internally and externally are very important. It helps in more production and avoids unnecessary delays in the implementation of policies.
6. Makes the system transparent – Regular communications between members, with members, with employees and with customers make the organizations more transparent. It is very important to build trust in your brand and in your services. In higher management, it is very important to gain employee’s trust. It is also a point to note that transparent leaders and companies have easier explanations of ‘why’ while taking tough decisions.