Due to several hormonal changes during pregnancy, women are at higher risk for gum and teeth bleeding and other oral problems. The causes of bleeding gums can be poor oral hygiene, increased level of progesterone, calcium deficiency, consumption of sugary food, smoking and due to diabetes.
Gum problems are found out easily and can be treated easily at an early stage. Here are some remedies that can help to treat bleeding gums-
It has an antiseptic property which fights against gum problems. You can keep clove in the mouth and slowly chew it. You can also rub clove oil on the gums.
2. Citrus Fruits
One of the reasons for bleeding gums is deficiency of vitamin C. Fruits like oranges, lemon, strawberries, and vegetables like broccoli and cabbage to your diet to avoid vitamin C deficiency.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda kills bacteria and neutralizes the acid that causes gum diseases. Apply baking soda on gums with your finger and rub it gently. Or you can add baking soda with brush and brush your teeth. Rinse your mouth thoroughly afterward.
4. Tea tree oil
It has an antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti inflammatory property which makes it best for the treatment of gums. Add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil to the 3 ounces of water and rinse your mouth daily. It kills the microorganism and provides relief instantly.
5. Salt Water
After brushing your teeth, gargle with lukewarm water with pinch of salt added.
6. Sage Tea
Make a cup of sage tea. Boil the leaves with water and leave it for 3 minutes. Strain it and drink it.
Drink milk regularly to prevent the bleeding gums. Milk is a rich source of calcium. It helps to strengthen your gums.
8. Vitamin A
Add leafy green vegetables, sweet potatoes, carrot, dried apricots to your diet. Vitamin A maintains the healthy mucous membrane which covers the gums and prevents it from any diseases.
- Avoid smoking- smoking makes the favorable environment for bacterial growth.
- Clean your teeth twice a day.
- Avoid sugary and acidic food.
- Avoid fatty, spicy foods that get deposits in the teeth cavities.
- Braces should be fitted correctly because if they are too tight or incorrectly placed, can cause bleeding gums.
- Avoid mouthwashes with alcohol during pregnancy.
- Use toothpaste with fluoride and brush with soft with a soft bristle.
- Drink lots of water.
- Visit the dentist for regular checkups and cleaning.