We rarely pay attention to the throat unless it begins to hurt, feel a dry or a constant cough. The throat is the starting section of the digestive system, so everything passes through it.
Toxins also pass from here can cause bad breath, general soreness and many other. So it’s necessary to cleanse your throat time to time. Here are some ways to clear your throat and healthy-
1. Saltwater – Salt helps to destroy the bacteria that can cause infection. Gargle with warm water with an added pinch of salt. Gargle every night before sleep. If you have a cold or stuffed nose do this several times a day, it provides instant relief.
2. Honey with lemon juice – Honey has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal properties and lemon have antibacterial properties and high vitamin C. Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey to a glass of hot water. If you have a cold then drink 3 times a day to reduce mucus production.
3. Honey and ginger – Peel a piece of ginger and cut thin slices of it. Add it to the one cup of boiling water and then let it steep for few minutes. Strain it and then add 2 teaspoons of honey to it. Drink it 2-3 times a day.
4. Apple cider vinegar – Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of lukewarm water. Gargle with it once and then take a sip and swallow it. Repeat this until the water is finished. Apple cider vinegar contains the substances which kill the bacteria present in your throat.
5. Avoid smoking – Smoking is not good for health. Smoking affects your respiratory system and throat. The smoke from cigarette enhances the production of mucus and worse the condition if you have a cough.
6. Avoid irritants – Avoid exposure to paint fumes, household chemicals, chemicals which can irritate your respiratory tract. Always keep windows open to allow fresh air.
- Don’t overdo the cleaning; it can harm your vocal cords and make you hoarse.
- If you are a singer, actor or speaker then you should so daily vocal warm-ups. Like humming or soft ‘ah’ can make you feel completely relaxed.
- Keep yourself hydrated and include healthy food like green vegetables, fruits rich in vitamin A, E, C, B in your diet.
If you feel like you need to clean your throat too much then consult the doctor; it can be acid reflux or any allergic problem.